Monday, December 13, 2004

A Beginning

With so much chatter on the Internet, one wonders how to break through with something important enough to say and not appear to be blathering. I've been around the block a few times and so often felt as if I were yelling into the wilderness about a variety of issues. I thought I'd give this forum a try.

In the near term, I expect to discuss a number of important topics from climate change to open government and the public process. The blog title of "common sense" is offered and everyone probably thinks they know what it means (though many fail to practice it). I pair it with "comity", which I suggest adds a depth to common sense that transcends the personal perspective and self-interest by which most of us guide our daily lives.

For those of you who wonder what "comity" means, it is defined as: a state of mutual harmony, friendship, and respect, esp. between or among nations or people; civility, from the Latin comis `courteous, friendly'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home