Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Cartoon power and sizzling sheep

Someone recently said it's a good day when you are still above ground. Another person or two has said that there is real power in the written word. Interesting to know there is great power in the cartoon drawings. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling for spending all those hours reading comics as a kid.

It is really a strange dichotomy to consider that apparent large numbers of Muslims are both violently and non-violently protesting various media outlets printing cartoons ostensibly of Mohammed, while I don't recall such protests over the airing of beheadings of hostages. Seems like there is a human perspective missing. I admit I don't understand the attraction to violence in the name of religion, but mankind has shown a great propensity for just that in the past, oh, 5000 years. I just can't wait to join up and be sanctimonious with one of them, if it weren't for by intelligent designation as one of the chosen. So I guess I will just try to be a good person in this life, treat others with respect, and take my chances on what comes next.

This of course means I can't decapitate or otherwise physically torture anyone in the name of religion. Drat, there's just no fun anymore. Except, I am still above ground, for which I am thankfu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home